TRAINING TOPICS – – Technical and Soft skills
Full Day Topics
- From Project Manager to Project Leader
- Focuses on changes in leadership style and perspective in order to be successful in the project environment. This course is popular with stakeholders, contractors, subcontractors, architects/engineers, and other project related staff.
- Project Management Business Administration
- Too many times project budgets show a profit or break even at the end of a project, though in real terms the project was a loss of hundreds of thousands of dollars or more. Why does this happen? This course helps project professionals understand how strategic planning and business administration techniques can save your company or organization from severe financial loss. This course satisfies the new PMI Talent Triangle requirement for 8 PDUs for Strategic and Business Administration.
- Communications for Project Professionals
- From progress meetings, to project briefings, to monthly reports, and even interpersonal communications with individual team members, many projects fail because of communications methods that are simply ineffective. This course teaches proven strategies and techniques that will make projects more efficient and team members more accountable.
- On Time and On Budget – Get Done and Get Gone!
- Most scheduling courses focus wholly on CPM Scheduling. This course spends only minimal time on CPM Schedules in order to provide the team with more choices of tools for the toolbox. Most of these tools use Excel so that it won’t cost your company or organization a ton of money for new tools, and the people who must use the tools don’t have to learn complex software. This course is ideal for Project Managers who are frustrated with MS Project or Primavera, Project staff who must schedule their own work, and especially Construction Superintendents and Field Engineers who have to actually get the work done.
- Root Cause Analysis and Critical Thinking Skills
- Do you have recurring problems and issues? Do you want to resolve them so they stop? If your gut feeling on how to fix it were correct, it would not be a recurring problem. This course teaches participants a new way to approach situations, and provides tools that are designed to help unlock the brain’s potential for problem solving.
Short Topics (1-4 hour presentations)
- Team Building
- Dealing with Conflict
- Incentive Programs
- Schedule Management
- Cost Management
- Cost and Schedule Integration
- Presentation Skills
- Meeting Management
- Increasing Value To the Team
- Human Performance
- Root Cause Analysis
- Metrics and Data Analysis
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Subcontractor Management
- Resource Management
- Succession Planning
It would be our pleasure to provide learning goals and other details about any of these topics. Each presentation is customized with the level of depth and industry-specific examples needed for that particular audience.
LOOKING FOR A SPECIFIC TOPIC?
We also develop custom content on topics that are relevant for project-based environment. We recently developed a session on negotiations for project managers at the request of a client.